Install the Gameball iOS SDK into your app
The Gameball SDK for iOS enables you to use the show Gameball player profile in your app, track app player events, integrate referrals and display Gameball's in-app push notifications.
Follow the below steps to start installing the iOS SDK to your app
1. Add Cocoapods to Your Project
- Open the terminal window
- Navigate to the root folder of your Xcode project
- Run the following command in terminal
$ pod init
- Close Xcode if open then open your project’s newly created .xcworkspace
- Your project is now using CocoaPods to install dependencies
2. Add Gameball Pod
- Add the code below in your Podfile which was created by CocoaPods
target 'YourAppName' do
- Navigate to your project’s root folder in a terminal window
- Run the command below in terminal
$ pod install
- Gameball will install several Pods that it has as dependencies.
When the Pod command finishes execution, you will have Gameball installed and ready to use.
Import the SDK into the created pod, using CocoaPods, to setup the Gameball Widget in the best way for your use-case.
In order to use Gameball you must configure a GameballApp.
- Import our pod to your viewController
- Create a global GameballApp variable in your viewController to access anywhere within your viewController
let gameball = GameballApp()
You should register your players with Gameball. This can be done using
launchGameballmethod which can be used to create or update the player details at Gameball. Ideally, it is called when your login or register network call is successful.
Register player method is used to create or update the player at Gameball. Ideally its called when your login network call is successful.