Wallet Points Redemption
Through Gameball, you can allow your players to redeem and use their collected points as discounts while placing new orders on your website.
Points redemption can be done with order placement using server side Order API, which is a tailored API to support e-commerce platforms. A prerequisite to redemption could be querying the player's points balance via Player Points Balance API to check if their balance is sufficient or not, or if you want to show it to your player on your web or app UI.
Points redemption can be done with direct debit where redeemed points will be deducted directly from player's balance once the API call is made. Or if your platform experience requires holding the points till the payment\order is processed like airlines ticketing you can follow the below flow.
Follow the below steps to complete points transaction:
- 1.Start a points hold request through Hold Points API This API will hold the requested amount for 10 minutes, until your player completes the payment process on your platform using any other payment method in case it will be a partial payment using points
- 2.Order is placed and paid successfully on your website
- 3.Finalize the player's redemption by deducting the on-hold points from the player's balance through Order API
In case you want your player to redeem points from their balance in scenarios other than e-commerce order placement. You can use Redeem API or Action API based on your use case.
Sometimes, you will need to cancel a cashback transaction, or to refund the redeemed points transaction, follow the below steps:
- 1.While you are creating a payment reward or points redemption transaction, you will store the original transaction ID of your system on Gameball
- 2.You can reverse the cashback reward/points redemption transactions through Reverse Points Transactions API
You might need to reverse the held points during the 10 mins hold time. Follow the below steps:
- 1.While holding points, a hold reference ID will be created for this hold transaction